Friday, December 5, 2008

Snowy day, but still lots of fun...

Well it was a rather snowy day and our day started off on a bad note, but as the day progressed, it seemed to get a little better. When Mark got up this morning, he discovered that our furnace was once again not working. Great!! It was not freezing in here, but only 59 degrees and rather chilly, so that is where his day began. Bless his soul, he is so optimistic and I am just the opposite. He knew that after a few phone calls and a little bit of direction, things would be up and running again. And yes, he was once again right!! Well I am thankful for that! I had to babysit Savannah and Isabell today at 9am and also get Maddi to school by 9am, so I was off and running on the snowy roads trying to be as careful as possible and be everywhere that I was supposed to be on time. Well that did not happen either, but I was only a few minutes late getting back home to meet Leah and the girls, so I guess that was not too bad. I am NEVER late for anything and I just hate feeling rushed. Anyway the girls were wonderful and played so well together. I think it is funny to see how kids act when they are with different people. I did not think that Isabell would want to stay here all day because she is used to being with the same people all of the time, but when her Mom showed up an hour and a half early, that child was so upset. I felt so bad for her because she had been so good all day and as soon as her Mom came, she got in trouble just because she did not want to leave. Poor baby! And that little Savannah is too stinkin' cute. She grins at you and you melt. She is such a sweet baby. And happy!! My goodness she is always smiling. Leslea just adores her and the feeling is obviously mutual because Savannah will want her over anyone other than her Mom. We have fallen so in love with that little one. It is amazing how a baby can make you feel. They know nothing but love and when they grab you and just want to love on you, you can not push them away. They are definitely a Blessing beyond words!! So with the furnace up and running we are some happy campers tonight because it is FREEZING outside!! Well I have rambled on and on enough, so I will call it a night!! Thank goodness right???? But before I go, here are a few photos from today...

Maddi and Isabell

Maddi, Savannah, & Isabell

Savannah Jo

As cold as it was, these silly girls still wanted to play in the snow.
They stayed outside for about 10-15min. It took us longer to get
them dressed and undressed!!!! Silly Silly Girls!!

No comments: