Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is it finally gone???

The bug that is. It has surely been a long week at our house. As you know, Maddi came home Friday not feeling so well, then she was sick again on Saturday night/Sunday morning. After 3 sheet changes and 2 baths from 2:30am-4am, we thought the worst was over! Wrong! Mark got a touch of it starting Sunday, Leslea got it Monday night, I got it early Tuesday morning and was probably the worst out of all of us. I am sure that is because I totally hate getting sick because I can not just sit or lay around and do nothing, but someone had other plans for me b/c I could not move without loosing it. YUCK! Then yesterday Courtney came home after school with a splitting headache and a rumbling tummy. Well needless to say, I had already, once again, disinfected the whole entire house, even opening the windows letting some cold, but fresh air in. I gave her some crackers, sprite, anti-nausea medicine, and she went to bed. She was fine this morning and hopefully escaped the yucky part of it, but time will tell. I just hope and pray that it is long gone. I want no more of that for quite some time. Hopefully we can all get back to feeling 100% because now we have to prepare for Mark to leave next week to go to California for 34 or so days. That will be another adventure in itself. Maddi has never been away from him that long, so it will be interesting to see how she does. Court and Les are used to him being gone, but they have not had to be away from him for this length of time in quite awhile. Hopefully things will go well and as scheduled. It surely will be a huge blessing if it does. Well of course our weekend is busy, so until next time, have a wonderful weekend of your own.

2 comments:

The Moore's said...

I didn't realize that everyone had been sick. Here I have just been worried about Maddi. It's not good when "Mama" gets sick. I hope they took care of you the way you take care of them.
I will pray that everything goes smoothly while Mark is away. I know the girls are going to miss him. But, I bet he is going to miss them big time.....
Hope you guys have a good weekend. I love you all!!!!

Alex and Jen Dewitt said...

oh no!!! This is a miserable little bug going around! I think everyone on my side of the family has had it too (from neice, nephew, aunts uncles grandma!) Its nasty huh? well we hope it's gone for your sake too!
Let us know if you girls need anything while Mark is gone! Alex is always willing to help!