Monday, May 11, 2009

All in Ellie's perspective....


Ok this is Ellie and I am giving you the low down on the rosebuds. It is the same ol' stuff going on here. Mom and Dad are busy doing the work and running the kids thing and I am usually just chillin' in the back yard with my new buds. Today however, Mom snatched me out of my backyard element and put that stinkin' collar around my neck and off in the car we went. I knew that wherever we were going was not gonna be good because she was in a hurry and had a handful of snacks. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my snacks now, but she usually don't give em' to me in the car, so that was the first sign that something was up. After driving for a couple of minutes, we got to where we were going and as soon as she put that leash on me and we got out of the car and headed in the door, I knew where we were and as soon as she tried to get me to go in that DOOR I said "I don't think soooooooooo..." and put the brakes on. Of course that did not work because I am still small enough for her to pick up, so in the door we went. Oh brother!! I knew where I was and what I was there for, SHOTS!!! I got weighed, the doc looked me over and then that ol' needle went right in the neck. Good things I still have a lot of extra skin so it did not hurt too bad. After all that yucky stuff, the ol' doc gave Maddi a treat to feed me, so it was all good. Finally we could leave that building of ouchies, but first, Mom had to stop and make my next appointment and pay that lady at the desk. I have yet to figure out why Mom would want to pay someone for giving me an ouchie, but who said that us dogs understand humans? She always says that it is for my own good, but I don't see her getting any for her "own good"! Anyway things checked out all fine and dandy. Guess from what I over heard, I gained 10lbs since the last time that I was there, but that was good and the ol' doc said not to be shocked if I gained about the same amount by the next visit. What a way to give a girl a complex. I know that I am growing, but even in dogs, weight and girls just do not get along!!!! So I am up to 22.3lbs at 13 weeks old. Gee that sounds kinda big to me, but I also heard that I am all legs, so I will take that one as a compliment. When we finally got in the car and headed home, yep, you guessed it, I got those treats. We were home before I knew it and I was back in my backyard with my buds. It felt like a lifetime since I had seen them, but it was good to be back. I cuddled up beside Ember and told her about my trip and fell fast asleep. Oh what a day!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DON'T WORRY ELLIE,IT'S FOR YOU OWN GOOD AND THAT'S WHAT MOM'S DO!!!!!!!! TAKE CARE OF ALL THOSE GIRLS AND DAD TOO.... LOVE YA AUNT VAL

The Moore's said...

AHHHHHHH. So Sweet.....Good thing yesterday was Mother's Day. Ha! Actually, It's too bad when Mommies have to be the bad guys sometime. But, one day our kids (puppies) will understand.....

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! We're on our way to Greenville and to Chapel Hill tomorrow. Love you ! Nana