Sunday, May 3, 2009

What a wonderful weekend...

we had!!! I can not tell you how much we enjoyed our weekend. We knew that Maddi would make it or break it for us because she loves to be home, but she did so good and we can not thank her enough for not making us so miserable that we had to come back home. She actually woke up on Sat morning and said, "Mom, this is a lot like home!" And how funny that when we got home this afternoon she says, "Yay! I am so excited to be home!" How cute. We enjoyed the weekend with 4 other couples and all of their kids and a few of their friends. I think in all, there were 25 of us and then a few came by on Sat evening/night for Austin's birthday party. Not to mention all of us had our dogs, but Mike and Amy. All of the kids got along great and played games, rode bikes and played on the playgrounds until someone had to make them come back. All in all, we stayed busy, but enjoyed ourselves very much. I think that we will be doing some more camping and definitely would like to do the family thing so that we could at least see the kids a little more. I did tell Mark that we need to try to camp a little farther from the house so that we could really see what it is like to be "away" from home. We hope that all of you enjoyed your weekend as much as we did. Sorry that this is a little long, but at least I did not bore you with all of the details. I did however post a bunch of photos, more or less for Nana, but you can see that we did actually go. I think that I can safely say that we are looking forward to the next camping trip!!


Maddi

Court

Les




And of course Ellie

3 comments:

The Moore's said...

I'm glad you had a great time. Enjoyed all of the pics. Talked to Court earlier on Facebook. She sounded like she had a good time. I was busy working in the yard. But, I enjoy that....Hope you guys have a good week. Love ya.

Kuzmanko Family said...

I'm so glad you all had a wonderfule time. We love to go camping and can't wait until this summer to go. Now only if we had our own camper we would go at least once a month somewhere!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys I knew you would love it and yes you need to test the waters further from home, it is all fun and I'm glad to had a great weekend... Love you all aunt val