Monday, April 6, 2009

Who knows I may jinx it, but...


I highly doubt it. It looks as if the UNC Tarheels will win the NCAA tournament and I have 2 girls, Courtney and Leslea, that are totally thrilled. I guess what they say is in some ways true. You can take the girl out of the state, but you can't take the state out of the girl. Ha! Ha! These two, along with their Daddy, are die hard Carolina fans. Courtney did not want them to play Michigan State because everyone in her class is rooting for them and she is the only one wishing for Carolina to win. Well sometimes it is good to be different. It is kind of strange that we are from North Carolina and we now live in Michigan and they are the two teams that ended up playing for the championship. We are all huge basketball fans, but as most people, we have our differences on who we root for. I am the outcast by being a huge Duke fan and Maddi is too young to really know or even care, so we are out numbered, but that is ok. Being a die hard Duke fan usually means to go for whatever team is playing against Carolina, but I could not do that tonight. There is a lot of pride of where you grew up that you carry with you where ever you go, so tonight I have to admit that I was hoping that Carolina would pull this one out. It looks as if they are going to make all of us North Carolina folks proud. Way to go UNC!! Sorry to all of our Michigan friends, but sometimes it is what it is!! Michigan State is an awesome team too, but I think that the seniors on Carolina's team were determined to go out in style! It has been a little while since they have won one, so I guess we have to give'em one every now and then:-) Anyway, have a good week and happy blogging!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just lovin' me some HEELS!! We are proud to be from North Carolina, I knew it would be hard for you but I knew you would pull for UNC!! Hope you have a great week too and HOPPY EASTER!! Love ya Aunt Val