Monday, March 9, 2009

It is so hard saying goodbye...


But we all know that it is a part of life and today, 4-04-09 we had to say goodbye to a very special and important part of our family. Our beloved chocolate lab, Brandi, passed away. She was so loved and will be missed more than she or anyone else will know. She would have been 12 in July, so some would say that she lived a good long life for a dog, but for me, I wish that she could have lived on forever. I believe that she left way too soon. I do not know how our other 3 labs will react to this, but we will all get through it. It is not going to be easy because a part of us has been torn away, but I am thankful for all of the years and memories that we have had with her. God knows she was a good dog and none will ever replace her. My heart is so broken right now and I wonder why I or anyone would ever want to put themselves through such pain, but when they are here, they show you nothing but love, so every minute of mischeviousness is worth it. Well I guess all that there is left to say is, "Goodbye my sweet girl! May you live on forever in our hearts and memories. You will be missed so much more than words can say. You were more than just a dog! You were our 4 legged daughter, sister, companion and friend. We love you and do not want to let you go. God was ready for you to go, so we have to accept that, but we hope that you know you will never be forgotten. We hope that you run free and play without any aches and pains now! We love you and miss you already!! Bye Bran! Bye our sweet girl!"

No comments: