Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oh no! Another meltdown...

This time it is Leslea. Don't know what brought this one on, but the child is broken hearted. I guess she is just thinking about her birthday coming up and dwelling on the fact that her Daddy is not going to be here to celebrate with her. It will all pass, but you just feel so helpless because there is absolutely nothing that you can do but comfort her and tell her that it will all be over soon. I guess you could say that we have some big Daddy's girls. Oh well I can not say anything because growing up, I too was a big Daddy's girl and I would not change the relationship that I have with mine for nothing in this world. Her relationship with her Daddy will only grow stronger as she gets older and it will be harder and harder for him to leave her and vice versa. I am just thankful that my girls have their Daddy in their lives on a daily basis and it does them good to have him leave every now and then. I think that they appreciate our family a lot more when someone has been gone for a bit and then when we are all back together, they realize just how good they have it. It is a blessing in one way and a curse in another. Luckily I know how to deal with the drama and it generally does not last long. Well have a good weekend! We will be having fun celebrating, or at least I hope we will!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Moore's said...

Ohhhhh. Cheer up Les. It's your birthday weekend. Daddy would want you to have a wonderful time. Just think, you always know how much he loves you and that he would give anything to be with you celebrating your birthday, instead of being in California. But sometimes as adults we have other responsibilities that we have to attend to. Your Daddy isn't only a great Dad, he is also dedicated to his job. But, I am sure that you and your Sissy's are never far from his heart or mind. Love you sweetie.... Have a great weekend.

Aunt Christy