Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The weekend is already sneaking up...


This was not taken today, but on PJ day at school

It is hard to believe that tomorrow is already Thursday. I wanted the week to go by, but it now seems like it went by too fast. I think that we are about ready for the weekend. We have a lot of Birthday plans, so I guess I better be ready. Leslea is getting excited and really looking forward to having some of her friends over for a slumber party Saturday night. A good friend of mine, Sharon, who is also like the girls Michigan Grandma, and I are taking the girls to the Aquatic Center in Holland Friday night and then we will come back and have pizza, cake, and ice cream. Sharon is planning on having a slumber party with the girls that night as well. It will be fun. Poor Maddi is once again having tummy troubles. At least she is not throwing up, but her little tummy is so messed up. She ate a few Fruity Pebbles this morning, but other than that, she has not eaten a bite. Totally unlike her. She usually eats all day long, but not today. She started with this on Monday, but it was just a touch, then Tuesday, it was a little worse, but not that bad. Then along came today and the poor baby is just miserable when the belly pain hits. She says that her tummy will not let her chew food because it hurts. I am just thinking that she means her stomach hurts too bad to eat anything. I hope and pray that she is better tomorrow. She plays and argues with the girls, so I know that she is somewhat herself. Tonight when she talked to her Daddy, she was in tears because she felt soooo bad and I am sure that only made him feel more helpless, but she wanted to talk to him, so I let her. Not long after he hung the phone up, she was sound asleep. Maybe she needs to sleep it off for a while. I told her before she drifted off that she could sleep with Mommy tonight. I think that this is more for me than for her. She is just so pittiful when she is sick. Those big blue eyes look so sad and that makes me feel so sorry for her. So send up a little prayer for her and ask God to take this bug or whatever it is away and keep it away. I am so ready for warmer weather so that all these germs and bugs can move on. Well I am sure that you will be more than sick of updates through out the weekend, but we plan on keeping Mark updated. In a way, we kind of hope that by doing the updates, he feels like he is more or less here with us, or at least, he knows and sees what we are up to. Anyway, hope you all have a good night! Until next time...

1 comment:

The Moore's said...

Feel better soon Maddi.... It's time to party!

Leslea,
Hope you have a great time celebrating your birthday this weekend. I have something on the way for you. Hope it gets there in time for your birthday.

Court, Nessa & Mark,
Hope you guys have a good weekend too. Love you all.

Christy